Should all patients undergo oncoplastic surgery? Watch the full debate from TBCC On-Demand.
Oncoplastic surgery has proven to have many benefits for patients, both cosmetically and psychologically - but should it be included in every patients treatment pathway?
To kick off the second season of TBCC On-Demand, we pitched Mr. James Harvey from the UK against Julie Margenthaler M.D. of the US to make their arguments for and against a compulsory approach…
Watch as they debate:
- What true patient choice looks like and the information that should be provided at consultation.
- If oncoplastic surgery provides a higher quality treatment experience.
- The impact that oncoplastics can have on further surgery and adjuvant therapy.
- The patient groups who may receive less benefit from an oncoplastic procedure.
- Whether all surgeons should be oncoplastic trained to be able to utilize a wider skill set.
So, which side do you fall on?