Last updated: 1 April 2023
We are Endomagnetics Limited (company number 06227698) and the Endomag group of companies, including Endomagnetics GmbH, Endomagnetics SAS and Endomagnetics, Inc (“Endomag” or “we”).
Endomagnetics Limited is the parent company of the group of Endomag companies and its registered office is at Tower 42, 33rd Floor, 25 Old Broad Street, London, EC2N 1HQ.
Endomagnetics Limited is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office with number: Z3616775
This policy describes how we may process the personal data that we may collect about you as a visitor to our premises or our website, as an attendee at one of our events, as a customer or contact of a customer, or in any other cases where we specifically provide that this policy will apply.
How do we collect and use your data?
- When you contact us. When you contact us either by phone, by email or via our website Contact Us page with general queries, or to find out more about our products or other products that we sell, we will usually collect your name and contact details, as well as details about the organisation you are representing and your role, because it is in our legitimate interest to make sure we can properly respond to your query.
- On social media. When you connect with us on social media including, without limitation, on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn, we will process your handle, name and email address under our legitimate interest to respond to your comments and queries promptly.
- If you are involved in a recorded medical procedure, interview, virtual meeting or other event or if you consent to our use of your image. We sometimes record medical procedures involving the use of our products, as well as interviews, virtual meetings and events that we run or are attending. From time to time we also film interviews with third parties. In each of these circumstances, the lawful basis we rely on to do this is our legitimate interest to promote our business and/or to provide educational information about the industry that Endomag operates in. In other circumstances, we will ask you to sign a consent form in connection with the recording or use of your image, in which case our lawful basis is your consent.
- If you are applying for a career at Endomag. Please see our separate Candidate Privacy Notice.
- When you are invited to, or attend, or participate in, an event by Endomag (including any activity of any kind arranged or hosted by Endomag). You might register for an event and the personal data that you provide to us may include your name, address, email address, employer, job role, telephone number, date of birth, passport details, dietary requirements and/or any medical or health conditions. We collect and process this personal data under our lawful basis of legitimate interests and/or the performance of our contract with you, to ensure that we can manage your registration and attendance at, or participation in, the event. This may include communicating your booking with external suppliers such as travel related companies, caterers, hotels and other event related suppliers, to ensure the event is conducted effectively and safely. Personal details relating to any dietary requirements and any medical or health condition are considered special categories of data. Where such special categories of data are provided by you, we will only process such data where you have provided your explicit consent.
- When you receive our email updates. We will handle your personal information (such as your name and email address) to provide you with news updates in line with any preferences you have told us about. We send these updates to customers, distributors, suppliers and industry peers. When we send you our news updates, it may be because you have opted-in to receive them and we rely on your consent to contact you.
- We also identify organisations who may be interested in our products and the products that we sell and contact them by email. If you have not opted-in and we send you our news update emails, we do this because of our legitimate interest to promote our business.
- We use Pardot (www.pardot.com), an industry leading marketing platform, and Salesforce (www.salesforce.com), an industry leading customer relationship management platform, to manage our marketing communications list. We may add your details to either or both of these platforms if you make an enquiry about our products or other products that we sell, you attend an event, you buy our products or the other products that we sell, you have told a third party that you would like them to pass us your contact details so that we can send you updates about our products, or if you have consented to receiving marketing communications. If your details are added to one of these platforms, a profile regarding your interaction with our website, products, events and marketing updates may be created. This allows Endomag to tailor its correspondences to the interest you have shown in Endomag and its events and/or products and to provide further information on its events and/or products that may be of interest to you. We may send you marketing communications by email, telephone or post. You can update your marketing preferences or unsubscribe from our updates at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails, or by emailing email@example.com.
- If our business is sold. We process your personal data for this purpose because we have a legitimate interest to ensure our business can be continued by the buyer. If you object to our use of your personal information in this way, the buyer of our business may not be able to provide services to you.
You are not under a legal obligation to provide Endomag with any of your personal data. However, if you elect not to provide us with your personal data, we may be unable to provide products or services to you or to confirm your registration at an event.
Who do we share your personal data with?
- Business partners, distributors, suppliers and subcontractors. We will share your data with these third parties for the performance of the contract that we enter into with them or you. If we believe that you will be interested in one of our products, we may pass your details on to our distributors.
- Promotional events and marketing organisations. We do not sell data for marketing purposes, but may share your data with an event organiser or other relevant organisation or supplier that requires your data in connection with such event (including photographers and videographers). We will always tell you before (usually on the event registration form) and you will be given the chance to opt-out before we do this.
- Endomag planned events and activities. We may share your data with suppliers providing goods or services, such as travel related companies, airlines, hotels, insurers or other event related suppliers (including photographers and videographers), in relation to an Endomag event so that we can host the event effectively. We do this in order to fulfil our contractual obligations to you and based on our legitimate interest to promote our business.
- Endomag group of companies. Your personal data may be shared between the Endomag group companies in the day to day running of our business. This may include where an Endomag group company acts as a service provider to another Endomag group company, or in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise.
- Prospective buyers of our business. We will share your personal data with these third parties under our legitimate interest to ensure our business can be continued by the buyer.
Where is your data stored?
We store your data in the cloud with a third party cloud storage provider. Your personal data may be transferred to, and stored, at a jurisdiction other than your own and outside the UK and the European Economic Area (“EEA”) by any Endomag group company or by our, or their, suppliers, distributors or sub-contractors.
For how long do we keep your personal data?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as we need it. Your data is usually deleted after the deactivation of your account with us, unless we are required to keep it for longer to comply with our legal, accounting or regulatory requirements.
In some circumstances we may carefully anonymise your personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you, and we may use this anonymised personal data indefinitely without notifying you. We use this anonymised information to analyse our programmes and support other similar programmes around the world.
What are my rights under data protection laws?
You have various other rights under applicable data protection laws, including the right to:
- access your personal data that we hold (also known as a “subject access request”);
- correct incomplete or inaccurate personal data that we hold about you;
- ask us to erase the personal data we hold about you;
- ask us to restrict our handling of your personal data;
- ask us to transfer your personal data to a third party;
- object to how we are using your personal data; and
- withdraw your consent to us handling your personal data.
You can exercise these rights by sending us a written request at any time. Please send your request by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with your relevant supervisory authority. If you are based in the EU, you can find which one applies to you here.
Please keep in mind that privacy law is complicated and that these rights will not always be available to you all of the time.
Questions, comments and more detail
Your feedback and suggestions on this policy are welcome.
We’ve worked hard to create a policy that is easy to read and clear. But if you feel that we have overlooked an important perspective or used language which you think we could improve, please let us know by email at email@example.com.