ALND and XRT vs Radiotherapy alone: Which approach works best for positive lymph nodes AFTER neoadjuvant therapy? Highlights from TBCC 2022
The debate over the best treatment for patients with persistently positive nodal status - ALND and radiotherapy, or radiotherapy alone - is one that has been considered for many years.
In this highly topical debate from the Transatlantic Breast Cancer Collaborative, we brought together two surgical heavyweights - Prof. Thorsten Kühn from Germany and Judy Boughey, M.D. from the US - to make their case for each side on this polarising topic.
To perform extensive surgery, or not - that is the question…
Watch as they discuss and debate:
- The percentage of patients downstaged after neoadjuvant therapy (NAT) and the current guidelines for treatment post-NAT.
- What they believe defines over treatment for this cohort of patients.
- Long term axillary recurrence rates in patients with disease left behind after SLN surgery.
- The two arms of the Alliance A11202 trial and whether the findings will provide a clear route forward.
- The need to consider survivorship and the patient quality of life.
So, which gets your vote?