We are Endomagnetics Limited (company number 06227698) trading as Endomag (“Endomag” or “we”).
Our registered address is Tower 42, 33rd Floor, 25 Old Broad Street, London, EC2N 1HQ. We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office with number: Z3616775
This policy describes how we may process the personal data that we may collect about you as a visitor to our premises, one of our events, as a customer or contact of a customer, or in any other cases where we specifically provide that this policy will apply.
How do we collect and use your data?
- When you contact us. When you contact us either by phone, email or via our website contact us page with general queries, or to find out more about the Magseed® marker or the Magtrace® tracer, we will usually collect your name and contact details, as well as details about the organisation you are representing and your role, because it is in our legitimate interest to make sure we can properly respond to your query.
- On social media. When you connect with us on social media including on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn we will process your handle, name and email address under our legitimate interest to respond to your comments and queries promptly.
- If you are involved in a recorded medical procedure, interview, virtual meeting or other event or consent to our use of your image. We sometimes record medical procedures involving the use of our products, as well as interviews, virtual meetings and events that we run. From time to time we also film interviews with third parties. In each of these circumstances, the lawful basis we rely on to do this is our legitimate interest to promote our business. In other circumstances, we will ask you to sign a consent form in connection with the recording or use of your images, in which case our lawful basis is your consent.
- If you are applying for a career at Endomag. Please see our separate Candidate Privacy Notice.
- When you are invited to or attend an Endomag event. You might register for an event and the personal data that you provide to us may include your name, address, e-mail address, employer, job role, telephone number, date of birth, passport details, dietary requirements, and any medical or health conditions. We collect and process this personal data under our lawful basis of legitimate interests and/or the performance of our contract with you, to ensure we can manage your registration and attendance at the event including by communicating your booking with external suppliers such as airlines and hotels, to ensure the event is conducted effectively and safely. Personal details relating to any dietary requirements and any medical or health condition are considered special categories of data. Where such special categories of data are provided by you, we will only process such data where you have provided your explicit consent.
- When you receive our email updates. We will handle your personal information (such as your name and email address) to provide you with our news updates in line with any preferences you have told us about. We send these updates to customers, distributors, suppliers and industry peers. When we send you our news updates, it may be because you have opted-in to receive them and we rely on your consent to contact you. We also identify organisations who may be interested in our products and contact them by email. If you have not opted-in and we send you our news update emails, we do this because of our legitimate interest to promote our business.
- We also identify organisations who may be interested in our products and contact them by email. If you have not opted-in and we send you our news updates emails, we do this because of our legitimate interest to promote our business.
- We choose to use two third parties, MailChimp (www.mailchimp.com) and Pardot (www.pardot.com), which are industry leading marketing platforms, to manage our marketing communications list. We may add your details to our marketing platforms if, you make an enquiry about our products, you attend an event, you buy our products, you have told a third party that you would like them to pass us your contacts details so that we can send you updates about our products, or if you have consented to receiving marketing communications. If your details are added to our marketing platforms, a profile regarding your interaction with our website, products, events and marketing updates, may be created. This allows Endomag to tailor its correspondences with the interest you have shown in Endomag and its events and/or products and to provide further information on its events and/or products that may be of interest to you. We may send you marketing communications by email, telephone or post. You can update your marketing preferences or unsubscribe from our updates at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- If our business is sold. We process your personal information for this purpose because we have a legitimate interest to ensure our business can be continued by the buyer. If you object to our use of your personal information in this way, the buyer of our business may not be able to provide services to you.
You are not under a legal obligation to provide Endomag with any of your personal data. However, if you elect not to provide us with your personal data, we may be unable to provide our products or services to you or confirm your registration at an event.
Who do we share your data with?
- Business partners, distributors, suppliers and subcontractors. We will share your data with these third parties for the performance of the contract we enter into with them or you. If we believe you will be interested in one of our products, we may pass your details on to our distributors.
- Promotional events and marketing organisations. We do not sell data for marketing purposes, but may share your data with an event organiser. We will always tell you before (usually on the event registration form) and you will be given the chance to opt-out before we do this.
- Endomag events. We may share your data with suppliers providing goods or services, such as travel companies, airlines, hotels or insurers, in relation to an Endomag event so that we can host the event effectively. We do this in order to fulfil our contractual obligations to you.
- Other companies that are affiliates of Endomag. We will share your personal data with Endomag affiliates in the day to day running of our business. This may include where an Endomag affiliate acts as a service provider to us, or in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise. A list of Endomag’s affiliates is available on request.
- Prospective buyers of our business. We will share your personal data with these third parties under our legitimate interest to ensure our business can be continued by the buyer.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. We only use (and store) non-essential cookies on your computer’s browser or hard drive if you provide your consent.
- _ga (2 years), _gid (1 day) [First-party] – This analytical cookie is from our use of Google Analytics and is used to distinguish unique users by assigning a randomly generated number as a client identifier. It is included in each page request in a website and helps calculate visitor, session and campaign data for the website’s analytics reports
- _gat (1 minute) [First-party] – This cookie is installed by Google Universal Analytics to throttle the request rate to limit the collection of data on high traffic sites.
- __distillery (1 year) [First-party] – This functionality cookie is from our use of Wistia and is used on the video-player we use on our website. If the visitor is interrupted while viewing video content, the cookie remembers where to start the video when the visitor reloads the video.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Where is your data stored?
We store your data in the cloud with a third party cloud storage provider. Your personal data may be transferred to, and stored at a jurisdiction other than your own and outside the UK and the European Economic Area (“EEA”) by us, our Endomag affiliates or by our suppliers or sub-contractors.
For how long do we keep your data?
We will only retain your personal information for as long as we need it. Your data is usually deleted after the deactivation of your account with us, unless we are required to keep it for longer to comply with our legal, accounting or regulatory requirements.
In some circumstances we may carefully anonymise your personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you, and we may use this anonymised information indefinitely without notifying you. We use this anonymised information to analyse our programmes and support other similar programmes around the world.
What are my rights under data protection laws?
You have various other rights under applicable data protection laws, including the right to:
- access your personal data that we hold (also known as a “subject access request”);
- correct incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you;
- ask us to erase the personal data we hold about you;
- ask us to restrict our handling of your personal data;
- ask us to transfer your personal data to a third party;
- object to how we are using your personal data; and
- withdraw your consent to us handling your personal data.
You can exercise these rights by sending us a written request at any time.
Please send your request by emailing us at email@example.com.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with your relevant supervisory authority. You can find which one applies to you here.
Please keep in mind that privacy law is complicated and that these rights will not always be available to you all of the time.
Questions, comments and more detail
Your feedback and suggestions on this policy are welcome.
We’ve worked hard to create a policy that’s easy to read and clear. But if you feel that we have overlooked an important perspective or used language which you think we could improve, please let us know by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.